Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Books

We have been back in Canada for a couple of days now but I don't really have anything Canadian to post about so I thought I would share a little bit of myself instead.  One of my goals for the New Year is to read 50 books and I am looking for suggestions if people have any good ones for me. 

For this post, I thought I would share why I love books so much. When I read a book, especially the kind of books that I like, I am transported into a new world.  I get to go on adventures and imagine a different world.  My heart can break for certain characters and yet I find myself encouraging and willing others on.  Depending on the writing, as I read I can experience an emotional rollercoaster.

The best part of books is that when I am reading them I am never alone.  No matter where I am or how lonely I may feel as soon as I open a book I instantly have friends.  Books are comforting to me and when read them I feel I am home.

5 comments:

  1. What kind of books do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of my favorites you might enjoy: "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time", by Mark Haddon, and "The Big Over Easy", by Jasper Fforde.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leah! I miss you, dude!

    A few of my girls love "The Alchemist". It's about the legend of Nicholas Flamel, eternal life, etc. It is also the first in a series. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list...you know how I need to get going on that whole "free reading" thing...

    http://www.amazon.com/Alchemyst-Secrets-Immortal-Nicholas-Flamel/dp/0385736002/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1294280485&sr=8-4

    And now Jesse is rubbing it in that he has responded first. Curses! I checked for spelling and it slowed me down!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesse- Thanks for the suggestions. I will add "The Big Over Easy" to my list. I read the other one and really enjoyed it.

    Heidi- I miss you too! I also can't believe you haven't read "The Alchemist" series yet. They are awesome! You should check out "The Graceling" and "Fire" as well.

    I miss you both and can't wait to see you if you can come for a visit. Thank you for always reading my blog, it makes me feel like I am not a huge loser.

    ReplyDelete