Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tightrope Walking and Mount Royal Activities

Well, it's official, I'm dating Montreal again and today I had a wonderful date with my city.  It was sunny and relatively warm, the perfect weather for a day at Mount Royal (the side in the plateau).  Forest and I met some friends (Mitali, Derek, Sonya and Leena Ruths) for a picnic, the tam-tam festival, a walk to Mile End, and some tightrope walking.  I was able to cross three items off my bucket list as well as an item off of my ultimate bucket list. 

Forest and Sonya eating lunch in the park.  Forest and Derek made salmon salads for us and we brought them to the park.

Derek, Sonya, Mitali and Leah

While we were eating lunch we saw a woman who was tightrope walking.  It looked pretty sweet and extremely difficult.  Being in an adventurous mood I decided to ask her if I could try.  It was so hard but really fun.  I kept wabbling but didn't fall over.

Mitali tightrope walking

Sonya was fearless!



Every Sunday in the summer there is a tam tam festival at Mount Royal.  It starts early in the morning with one tam tamer.  As the day progresses more people come with their drums to join in.  By the time we went over, there were hundreds of people in the park dancing, listening and drumming.  It was pretty amazing. 




The tam tamers are in the middle


Leah and Mitali on the lion statue


Laurier street in Mile End.  There are a lot of fancy shops there and restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment