Monday, May 2, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Spring is almost here and I've decided that it's time to get back out and start dating Montreal again.  Since Forest and I will be moving to Minneapolis in early August I've decided to make a list of all of the places and things that I want to do before we leave and I will write about them along the way.  For all of my friends who live here please let me know if there is something I need to add to my list or if you want to join me.   

My Montreal Bucket List.... in no particular order

1) Picnic at Mount Royal
2) Tam Tam Festival at Mount Royal
3) Parc Lafontaine
3) Beaux Arts Museum
4) Beach- Jean Drapeau
5) Restaurant- Au Pied du Cochon
6) Eat poutine at La Belle Province
7) Jazz Festival
8) Just for Laughs festival
9) Firework festival
10) Eat at the original St. Viateur
11) Mile End
12) Outremont
13) Use the Bixi bikes
14) Bike the Lachine Canal
15) Read a book by Margaret Atwood
16) Quebec City
17) See a Mounty
18) Ride the Metro to the end of the line
19) St. Joseph's Oratory
20) Botanical Gardens
21) McGill Arboretum
22) Bank of Montreal Museum
23) Little Italy
24) Contemporary Art Museum
25) Le Musee de Maitres et Artisans du Quebec
26) Stewart Art Gallery
27) Musee de Lachine
28) Sisters of Saint Anne Historic Centre
29) Centre D'Exposition de L'Uninversite de Montreal
30) Cite Historia Musee d'Histoire du Sault-au-Recollet
31) Montreal Archives Center
32) Cinematheque Quebecoise
33) Centre d'exposition la prison-des-patrioles
34) DHC/Art Foundation for Contemporary Art
35) Jardin de Floralies- Ile Notre-Dame

And most importantly... spending time with all of my friends; knitting, talking, eating (lots of baguette) and living.

2 comments:

  1. If the weather is nice this Sunday, you should come here. We can start off with poutine at La Belle Province (there's one near here, I think). If Forest can make it here, then he can lie on a blanket and we can listen to the tam-tams and then go on a picnic by Beaver Lake. That would hit three on your list. And then we can discuss which Margaret Atwood book we want to read. (I've read a lot of her books already). Let's get through these 35. If there's time left over, then I'll suggest other things in my neighborhood you should try before you leave. Or when you come back. :_

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one of these is "hang out with naked old guys on the beach"? I can't wait to hear that story! =)

    ReplyDelete