Monday, April 25, 2011

Plattsburgh, NY

This past Saturday, April 23, Forest and I took a trip to Plattsburgh, NY.  I had a really terrible morning that started with my umbrella blowing inside out during the storm and then getting knocked over by middle school kids and having my groceries fall everywhere and get ruined.  After sitting on the couch for several hours and pouting, Forest decided that we should take a trip to Plattsburgh.  For those of you who haven't been there (which is most likely everyone) Plattsburgh isn't really a special place.  There's a Target, Wal-Mart, Applebees and some other shops.  Overall, Plattsburgh isn't a destination city.  But..... there's something about it that feels like I'm going home. 

It is very satisfying crossing the border into the U.S. and hitting the button on the car that switches from kilometers per hour into miles per hour.  Somehow, my heart always feels lighter and with each passing mile I start to feel more at home.  Usually Canada and the U.S. don't seem that different.  I rarely feel like I am living in another country.  For some reason though when I cross the border I notice.  There's something very comforting about being surrounded by the familiar and places that remind me of home, it really cheers me up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment