Sunday, June 19, 2011

Au Pied de Cochon

Au Pied de Cochon or the pig's foot, is a restaurant that is pretty popular in Montreal.  I happened to stumble across it when I was looking for a fun place to eat online.  The menu has a lot of items containing foie gras and various parts from a pig.  If you are a vegetarian this is probably not the place for you.  Interestingly enough the Au Pied de Cochon also has a sugar shack during maple season. 



After looking over the menu I decided that there was about five things that I might eat (I am very picky) and got pretty excited about the foie gras poutine.  If you know anything about foie gras it is hard to eat it without thinking about where it comes from, if you can get past that it tastes like a party in your mouth. 

Forest and I met up with some of our friends and made the adventure to Au Pied du Cochon.  It was a Thursday and it was extremely hot outside.  The restaurant wasn't air conditioned and we happened to be seated close to the kitchen.  The meal I ordered must've been at least 10,000 calories but because I sweat so much I think I ended up breaking even. 




Pete and Yi-Yi ordered these little foie gras squares.  The way to eat them is to put the entire thing in your mouth and then close your lips and let the flavor explode in your mouth.

Guinea Hen Liver Mousse- I tried this, it smelled and looked a bit like cat food but tasted ok

Yi-Yi and Pete with their appetizers

Foie gras poutine

PDC's Melting Pot- different bits of sausages, pork and potatoes (Forest ordered this)
All in all the experience was pretty fun and it was neat to try new foods.  If you are interested in going you can make reservations online or call.  You will need to call about two weeks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment