Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Colors of Summer

My parents came to visit me and today and we had a great day.  We started the day in the Old Port/Quays with a boat ride.  The water was beautiful, it glistened and sparkled as it lapped against our boat.  Water is one of my favorite things about summer.  I would love to be able to own a place on the water and spend time enjoying it everyday.  Sometimes when I am really stressed out I swim laps at the pool, being sumberged in water relaxes me. As we were riding in the boat today I started thinking about all of the beautiful colors of summer which prompted me to write this blog. 

We ended our day at the Jean Talon market which is one of my favorite places in Montreal.  The fruit and vegetables are amazing, reminding me yet again that summer is here.  Being at the market, with all of the colors and hues, was comprable to being at the Holt Renfrew surrounded by fashion.  The colors of summer are everywhere and it brings a smile to my face to know that none of them look like snow. 





2 comments:

  1. So many bright colors! Wish I could have joined you at Jean Talon this afternoon! Hope you got home with lots of fresh and vibrant stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so awesome! Much better than produce here right now.

    ReplyDelete