Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Home

Some people say home is where your heart is and I think I would have to agree.  There are certain smells, sounds, foods and images that remind me of home or at least the home my heart. My heart often longs for these things and whenever I experience them I am instantly comforted.  Interestingly enough I am not transported to my hometown of Iowa City but to some other place...a place of peace.  I am transported to a feeling that makes me feel safe and secure.  No matter how far away I move or where I travel whenever I experience these things my heart feels warm and settled. 

The other day I was driving from Minneapolis to Cedar Falls to meet a friend for lunch and I saw one of the images that reminds me of home.  Despite all of the stress in my life right now, I felt calm and peaceful if only for a moment. 




Anybody who has ever traveled on Interstate 35 will know these wind turbans.  They are located in a farm by Joice, Iowa.  For some reason, they are comforting to me.  Big, powerful and hopeful they bring a smile to my face and heart everytime I drive by.

1 comment:

  1. One day- you should totally print out this post and deliver it to the farm in Joice, Iowa. I'm sure the people there would be so touched to know that their modern windmills give you peace of mind. Miss you! Glad to know that you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete