Thursday, September 8, 2011

Project Runway Cake

This past year I have been really into the T.V. show "Cake Boss" and after watching several episodes I decided it was time to try and make a cake worthy of Buddy.  I have been watching Project Runway with some friends and we rotate who brings dessert.  I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to test my cake making abilities.  My idea was to make a runway and decorate it with clothes, I wanted to create the illusion that outfits were coming down the runway. 

I started with a golden layer cake baked in two bread pans (for my runway) and made some vanilla buttercream frosting to dirty ice my cake. 

Since I didn't have any access to modeling chocolate to create the outfits I decided to go with the next best thing, sugar cookies.  I rolled out the dough and hand cut cookies in the shapes of clothes, shoes and purses.  This turned out to be much more difficult then I had anticipated.  However, I was very proud of my jumpsuit.  After baking the cookies, I frosted them to the best of my abilities.  Unfortunately my sister inherited all of the creative genes in our family.



The finished product...................


1 comment:

  1. Whoa! I just checked your blog on the off-chance that you might have updated it! Woohoo! That cake is ah-may-zing! Whoa! You've got serious skills! What a fun concept!

    ReplyDelete