Monday, September 13, 2010

Back on Track

Well after a week and a half I decided to venture out on my second date and I must say that this time it was much better.  It was raining when I left but as soon as I got out of my car at my destination it stopped.  I decided to go to Westmont to the public library, walk down to Green Avenue and then walk around the shops, cafes on Sherbrooke at Westmont.  The Westmont Public Library is really great.  It is in a beautiful building next to a park and a green house. I was a little dissapointed in the DVD selection but other than that it was perfect, nice tables, couches and a reading room.  The downside is that I would have to pay for a membership since I don't live in Westmont and it would be 120.00 for the year but I can still go there and read books I just can't leave with them.

After perusing the library I walked through the green house, which smelled like a dirty locker room, and then walked around the park.  I headed to Green Street and walked around the shops and then went back to Sherbrooke and walked around the shops there.  I must say that walking around fancy shops when you are broke as a joke isn't the most exciting but it was still fun to window shop.  All in all, I am no longer mad at the city and am now willing to venture out again soon.   

2 comments:

  1. That's not the smell of a dirty locker room. That's the smell of NATURE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are giving the city another chance. It will get better

    ReplyDelete